For all department fax sheets, PowerPoint presentations and flyers, please refer to the Templates section of this web site for official Jefferson downloadable templates. You can select templates created with your institution’s logo. Use of these templates does not require Trademark Committee approval.
Requesting Use of Any Thomas Jefferson University and Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Trademarks, other than use of the templates: you must submit a trademark use request form (TURF) with a sample of your proposed use of the logo to the Trademark Committee (As required by Thomas Jefferson University Policies and Procedures Trademark Policy 104.04. Category: Legal, Effective 12/5/02).
To request e-mail graphics with the Jefferson logo (header graphic or signature footer graphic), you must submit a trademark use request form to the Trademark Committee.
- View the current Trademark Policy.
If you have any questions regarding the Policy, contact University Counsel, 215-955-8585.
- Refer to the Graphic Standards Manual PDF for trademark usage guidelines. The Manual illustrates exactly how all Jefferson trademarks can be placed in any type of document or imprinted on any object. If you have any questions about whether your use is in compliance with the standards, please check the Graphic Standards Manual.
- Access the TURF form online. (scroll down to bottom of page for TURF form)
The contact person on the TURF must be a Jefferson employee. If you are using a vendor, you note that on the TURF. Vendors may not submit requests for the logo on their own. Fill out the TURF completely. The proper authority supporting your request must sign the TURF. For University logos, a Senior Officer or Department Chair must sign the request unless you are a student. If you are a student, the Dean of your school or college must sign the request. For Hospital logos, a Sr. Vice-President of the Hospital must sign your request form. TURF forms without the proper signature will be returned to you. If you have any questions regarding the TURF, contact University Counsel, 215-955-8585.
All TURF forms submitted to University Counsel must be accompanied by a sample. Before you can receive a Jefferson logo, University Counsel must see how you are planning to use the logo. Download a For Position Only (FPO) logo below to place on your item. Submit a sample of your item indicating how an object would look with an FPO logo inserted in the exact position you require to Janyce Lingo, University Counsel, by e-mail, Janyce.Lingo@Jefferson.edu, or by mail, Suite 630, Scott Building, 1020 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Click on the links below to download logos as FPOs.
- Jefferson Foundation
- Jefferson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience
- Jefferson Farber Institute for Neurosciences
- Jefferson Jane and Leonard Korman Lung Center
- Jefferson Kimmel Cancer Center
- Jefferson Kimmel Cancer Center Network
- Jefferson Medical College
- Jefferson - Magee Rehabilitation
- Jefferson Neuroscience Network
- Jefferson at the Navy Yard
- Jefferson Outpatient Imaging
- Jefferson School of Health Professions
- Jefferson School of Nursing
- Jefferson School of Pharmacy
- Jefferson School of Population Health
- Jefferson University
- Jefferson University Hospitals
- Jefferson University Hospital - MAGNET Nursing
- Jefferson University Physicians
- Methodist Hospital
To place the FPO logo into a MS Word document:
- Right click on the logo to save to your hard drive
- Insert picture from file
- If option is available, select "Float over text" check box
Employees Working with Vendors
If you are a Jefferson employee contracting with an outside vendor or organization, you must follow steps 1 through 4 above. Forward the FPO logo(s) you have downloaded to your vendor. Your vendor must insert or apply the FPO logo to the vendor’s product and submit a proof sheet or output to you to submit with your TURF form.
Submit the vendor’s proof sheet or layout with your completed TURF to Janyce Lingo, University Counsel, by e-mail, Janyce.Lingo@jefferson.edu, or by mail, Suite 630, Scott Building, 1020 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Approval Response Process
- University Counsel will review your TURF to ensure it is complete. Your TURF must be signed by the proper authority. For University logos, you must have the signature of a Senior Officer or Department Chair unless you are a student. If you are a student, the Dean of your school or college must sign your TURF forms. For Hospital logos, a Senior Vice-President of the Hospital must sign your request form.
- If your document is not in compliance with the Graphic Standards or is not signed by the proper authority, University Counsel will reject your form.
- If your form is rejected, you will need to resubmit the corrected document to University Counsel.
- If your request can be administratively approved by University Counsel, you will receive a Letter of Agreement stating the terms within which you are able to use the logo. Requests that require the formal review and approval of the Trademark Committee are submitted to the Trademark Committee for review and approval every week on Friday. If the Trademark Committee approves your request, you will receive a Letter of Approval stating the terms within which you are able to use the logo.
- Any vendor other than the Information Systems Printing Center and Great Impressions is classified as an unapproved vendor. Unapproved vendors must also sign the Letter of Agreement from University Counsel regarding the use of Jefferson trademarks.
- If you are using vendor, you will need to sign the Letter of Agreement and fax it to your vendor who must also sign the Letter of Agreement, list his email address and fax it to JeffGraphics at 215-592-0668. The vendor must indicate which logo file format he or she will need. The vendor must fax you a fully executed copy of the Letter of Agreement so you can forward it to University Counsel. If you are not using a vendor, you need to sign the letter of agreement, fill in your email address, indicate which logo file format you will need, and fax the signed letter to JeffGraphics at 215-592-0668. Forward a copy of your completed Letter of Agreement to the Office of University Counsel, 630 Scott Building, fax number 215-923-3613. Save a copy of this letter in your office file for future reference.
- When JeffGraphics receives the faxed Letter of Agreement, you or your vendor will be e-mailed your approved logo in the file format indicated in the Letter of Agreement.